Glossary of Musical Terms
used in this sitein order of appearance
- highest range voice, normally possessed by women or boys
- a school, or academy, of music, art, etc.
- very soft
- male voice of moderately low range
- variation in pitch
- possessing many dynamics
- elements of music expression relating to the degree of loudness or softness, or volume, of a sound
- meaning and eloquent manner of singing: conveying feeling, character, etc.
- sound that is colorful; possessing many dynamics
- large work for orchestra, generally in three or four movements